en*light*en. verb. 1. To bring knowledge or understanding. 2. To bring spiritual illumination.
It's been far too long since I shared any en*LIGHT*en-ing links. I know this because my saved tabs runneth over.
No particular theme to this grouping other than what set my heart afire and what brought my heart to tears, what made me say AHA and what made me say HAHA. So basically pick what emotion you want to feel today and click away. Oh lookie there, even my non-theme became a theme.
* Romance and Productivity? This is speaking my love language. After spending a couple hours whirlwind cleaning for our weekend guests, we rewarded ourselves to a glass of wine on the couch and soccer for him/blog reading for her. We really know how to do romance. I said "we should do this every Thursday night so we could go into the weekend with a clean house. He chuckled and nodded putting it into the category of all the other things I say will be our new tradition that happens once.
* "You have found your X. You are here. Let yourself be here." Whatever your X this gives you permission to love that place.
* Meanwhile in the X, there is still time to pursue your passion, in the margins of life. Ahhh. So inspiring.
* Need more inspiration? Be that girl who gives yourself the best pep talks.
* Finally someone wrote a book just for the messy, cluttered, creative type person like me who sometimes actually finds The Joy of Leaving Your Sh*t All Over the Place. Hopefully that book shows up in my library hold cue before the other one.
* My no sunlight bedroom/new office (Squeal! I should share pictures!) needs plants because #coolpeopleownplants, but plants need sun so I've been feeling stuck. I'm thinking these felt succulents would be fun and kitchy and also requiring zero sunlight. And likely bring me Joy (see above.)
I'm realizing that being a Godmother is a lot like being a Grandmother as I sit here excited for my Godson to arrive with his parents, who used to be the ones I got excited for. Hope you have something to look forward to this weekend! Hug the dads in your life, in person or virtually!